Obviously before I could launch my blog, I needed a title. I had a few ideas, but I came up with “Strong Like My Coffee” on a morning run during the summer at a local park. ‘Strong’ encompasses more than just physical, muscular strength. Everyone has their own internal battles, and some days just choosing to wear that big, bright & beautiful smile is “strong.” Sometimes I use the most strength trying to refrain from smacking some loudmouth classmate across the head! ;)
We are ALL a little stronger than we think we are.
I love killing time on Pinterest and can usually always count on the “quotes” section to fill me with inspiration for the day. Over the past year, I’ve pinned a lot of quotes and phrases that have to do with strong. Since others have already worded them so much better than I could, I thought I would share my favorite and most applicable strength-themed quotes. All of them extend beyond health!
1. The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about.
2. Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value but because we finally realize our own.
3. You have to be your strongest when you feel your weakest.
4. You were given this life because you were strong enough to handle it.
5. You are only as strong as the coffee you drink.
Okay you knew I’d have to throw a coffee one in there ;)
Without getting too sappy and metaphorical, I think it’s super important to remind ourselves of just how strong we can be! You have made it this far and have overcome things you did not know you could. I know I have! When I realize that I’ve accomplished something that originally struck me with fear, I can’t help but smile.