Summer Done Right // Day & Night
Nothing blatantly “health-related” about this post because I haven’t done a whole lot that is health-related in the past few days…and I am perfectly happy with that. My roadtrip back to school for the Eli Young Band kickstarted a whole summer weekend with all the cliche activities that everyone should have on their to-do list. The Simple Summer Checklist:
- Dairy Queen Blizzards
- A picnic is the grass
- Read in the grass and sunshine
- Minor flip-out over aggressive grasshoppers
- Explore the the forest and trails (which results in picking wildflowers. Which leads to subsequent selfies with the best friend.)
- Sunset photos with a picture-perfect water tower
- Coffee shops for breakfast
- Lazy afternoons with sangria
- BBQing for dinner (grilled zucchini and sweet potatoes are a must)
- Back to school shopping with a bestie
- Staying outside as long as possible
Aaaand after a full day, it would be a shame if we ended the night quietly at home. A little group of us headed downtown, replaying Chase Rice’s “We Goin’ Out” no fewer than 8 times as we got ready.
To add to the perfection of the weekend, Friday night is Country Night at my favorite bar :) Country music, line-dancing, yard jar drinks. People in cowboy boots and hats.
Why does a cocktail taste so much better in a mason jar?!
When everyone else seemed to know every step of the Footloose choreography to Big & Rich’s “Fake ID” we agreed that we would Youtube instructions before going out next time so we could join the fun ;)
This summer weekend was stereotypical in every way and my heart was so happy :)
On Tuesday I’ll have to share some of my “Extra-Credit Exercises” for the week after an extra-fun-but-not-so-healthy weekend like this one. Speaking of which, it’s time for SUNDAY LONG RUN.
What’s on your Summer Bucket List?
Posted on August 10, 2014, in Blogging -Behind the Scenes, College, Healthy Lifestyle and tagged best friends, college, concert, country night, nature, picnic, summer. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Pingback: Extra-Credit Exercise | Strong Like My Coffee
Pingback: Healthy College Girl’s Back-to-School Guide | Strong Like My Coffee