Cinnamon and Spice Roasted Nut Medley
I’m munching on a batch of these heavenly-smelling cinnamony-roasted nuts as we speak. When my mom came with a full grocery bag of goodies for my dorm, she brought a bag of mixed nuts from our favorite Sprouts store and a blend of spices. After a long walk through some trails and a detour to Starbucks, we got to roasting.
These are really simple to make and they smell so delicious in your oven :)
You will need:
3 Cups of mixed nuts (we used a medley of almonds, macadamia nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, and brazil nuts.)
1 egg white
1 Tbs Vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 tsp cardamon
3/4 tsp allspice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together egg white and vanilla until foamy. Add in nuts and coat with the egg mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, allspice and cardamom.
4. Add the spice mixture to the nuts, blend together.
5. Spread out onto the parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and break apart any pieces that stuck together. Turn off the oven, but place the tray back inside for another 5 minutes.
OMG the kitchen smelled so GOOD. I love cinnamon :) These filled two mason jars, one for me and one for my roomie!
If only I could contain myself from eating the whole thing at once!