Since today is that last real day of my summer vacation, I’m going to re-cap some of the things I did this summer for the first time:
1. Brussel Sprouts: In all my 19 years I have never before eaten a brussel sprout before last night. My parents were as leery about the mini-cabbage vegetable as I was. Last night, we made Roasted Brussel Sprouts with lemon juice, garlic, onions and tomatoes. Guess what? They were not disgusting at all; we enjoyed them! They look just like a baby head of cabbage, and taste just like a broccoli stalk. I would definitely make these little guys again. They are 8 calories each and packed full of vitamins like C, K, and manganese. They also are an anti-oxidant. Nutritious and Delicious and now I feel silly for avoiding them for so long.
2. Almond Milk: I won’t say too much about this now, saving it for a future post. But my week on almond milk was full of recipe experiments…
3. Visiting the East Coast: In July my family flew to New York City for the first time. Granted, it was more for medical reasons than vacation but we took advantage of being in the city and explored every part of Manhattan we could. What an amazing city!
4. Eating at Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlour: where I witnessed my dad eat more ice cream than ever before!
5. Riding a New York Subway: Watching all those Law & Order episodes had me feeling a little sketchy about the subway. We survived!
7. Spending the night in a hospital/eating hospital food: Not quite the glamorous setting it’s made out to be in movies, but the hospital coffee wasn’t half-bad.
8. Going to the doctor’s office alone: a moment where I realized I was an adult. Needles and no one’s hand to squeeze!
9. Going One Week with out coffee……just kidding, I didn’t try this. :) Are you crazy?!?!
10. Blogging! This has been so much fun, posting and talking about what I love. Thank you for reading! Keep coming back for recipes, workouts, healthy habits, college life and extra surprises :)