Throwback Thursday: Week III
GUYS, football season is here! I already found some cutesy-themed recipes on Pinterest for tailgate parties, game-day get-togethers, and sports marketing staff meetings. You best believe I’ll be wearing my school-colored ribbons in my hair this Saturday. I’ve got spirit, how about you?
This #TBT post may seem like cheating since new content has been far and few between recently. I’ve been busy making sure this senior year is off to the best start possible, and guess what – I’ve got SO MANY new posts to share with you. Starting tomorrow be on the lookout for sponsored posts, collaborations, product reviews, recipes, workouts, internship updates and general happenings of a college senior :)
Life right now is going a mile a minute and thank the lord for my adorable day-planner that keeps me sane between work, sports marketing internship, classes, group project, errands, deadlines and blog stuff. I would also like Sprout’s coffee assortment, specifically Vienna Cinnamon, for keeping me productive all day long. ;) Side note: I wish I could insert emoji’s into blog posts SO BAD! So many appropriate pictures. If any WordPress workers are reading this….work on that, would ya?
I digress so I’m leaving you with this little gem from 2012 all about “healthy snacking” which seemed appropriate coming off of a holiday weekend and heading into tail-gate season. See ya tomorrow! (Insert chicklet emoji here.)
Originally posted on October 15, 2012
For those of us lucky college kids, its Mid-term time again! Do your brain and body a favor and snack smart during those late-night study sessions, hours of Facebook homework and pages of papers. ;)
Stress really does make you hungry, but if you eat yourself into a Hot Cheeto food-coma, your grades and your waist-line will suffer. Here is my list of the top Healthy Study Snacks for whatever you are craving:
1. Popcorn – Great snack instead of chips! They now make 94% fat-free Whole Grain popcorn, which is just 20 calories per cup. Paired with a tart green apple, it’s a perfect salty/crunchy healthy alternative
2. Low-fat string cheese – I just learned today that Kraft makes string cheese in ‘Sweet BBQ,’ ‘Tomato Basil,’ and ‘Cracked Black Pepper’ flavor. For only 60 calories, I’d try all three! Portion control makes string cheese a great snack.
3. Steamed Edamame – the shelled soybeans will be the perfect replacement for nuts or trail mix. (Trail mix and nuts aren’t unhealthy but if you’re like me, it’s hard to stick to the 3 Tablespoon serving size.) These things are addicting but with only 60 calories per 1/4 Cup of edamame and a ton of protein, snack on!
4. Non-fat Yogurt – Add fresh fruit for extra credit : ) It’s a balance of protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals. Your body will thank you.
5. Something Caffeinated: Skinny Latte’s or Non-fat Cappuccino – the worst thing you can do to your body when it’s already in a heightened state of stress from school is chug an energy drink. Seriously – those things have more sugar than a regular soda, not to mention chemicals that are in no way natural or beneficial to your body. Skinny latte’s are the perfect non-fat, sugar-free pick-me-up.
6. Something Hot: Oatmeal – if it’s a cold night and you’re looking for something comforting to go with reading your textbook, don’t underestimate the power of a bowl of oats :P It’s not just for breakfast! I’ve made oatmeal for dessert plenty of nights, but go for a low-sugar variety.
7. Something cold: Popsicles! So many fruity flavors, even chocolate. The sugar-free kinds are just as delicious and usually under 50 calories. Have 2!
8. If you absolutely must go to the vending machine: Nature Valley Granola Bar – They do have a decent amount of sugar, which could leave you hungry again after an hour or two, but they are 382 times better than a King-Size candy bar or bag of cheese puffs (who wants orange dust all over your keyboard anyways?!).
If you are as big a fan of Pinterest as I am, Pin this Study Snack List here:
And I’m a college girl with mid-terms myself so share your own study tips/healthy snacks! :)