So no one was brave enough to comment if they were thrown off by my prank post yesterday, huh? ;) Hope you had some fun on April Fool’s Day. Since this weekend we will be celebrating Easter, I thought I’d include an old Easter post for today’s Throwback Thursday. This was two years ago, while I was in track season and celebrating Easter at school. Thankfully this year I’ll be with friends and family for the first time in four years and I can’t wait!
Originally Posted: April 1, 2013
I couldn’t have picked a better way to spend my Easter Sunday. After rising extra early for a church service with one of my best friends Kerri, we got to enjoy the radiant sunshine and bright blue sky. It was glorious! Knocked out an 8-miler before noon with plenty of time to get ready for our Girl’s Team Easter Brunch.
We see each other daily at practice, when we are not trying to impress anyone. T-shirts and spandex. Make-up is minimal. Don’t even ask about my hair. Blatantly mismatched outfits have become normal, especially when it’s getting closer to laundry day…We have mastered getting ready for practice in under 15 minutes. Which is why getting dressed up in our Sunday Best was so fun! Dresses and heels obviously warranted some photographic proof that we can, in fact, look girly.
Kerri and I got a ride from our friends Emily and Carissa……when we got in the car, we noticed that we all happened to be sporting denim jackets. Classic.
The brunch was potluck style, and our team can cook! The table looked amazing with homemade goodies from everyone. I knew I wanted to bring something light and springy, so I turned to my faithful Pinterest for some recipe-searching. The result:
Light Lemony Pasta Salad.
- 1 lb. cooked pasta noodles
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to preference
- 10 oz. non-fat greek yogurt
- 12 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup steamed edamame, shelled
- Cook and drain pasta; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium sauce pan, brown garlic for about one minute. Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sauce to pasta; add in arugula, tomatoes, and edamame.
- Stir in greek yogurt; chill overnight.
- Top with fresh lemon slices and serve cold!
Our meal was rounded out with some fresh pineapple, kale chips, chicken salad sandwiches, homemade whole wheat cinnamon rolls and other delicious dishes.
Next on the agenda: dyeing eggs! Guess what? Water and food coloring is not a sufficient substitute for vinegar and egg dye. Plan B: Expo Markers!
And I’m adding in this new Eli Young Band song because its my favorite right now, and since he says “blue jean jacket” I’m arguing that it is very relevant to this post. :)