I’m actually thankful that today is Monday. New week = fresh start.
Which football games did you watch this weekend? Even the unsporty-est of the people can find something they enjoy about football season. You get to plan team-colored outfits, prepare fan-friendly appetizers, maybe some drinks or cocktails, tailgate parties, house parties, sports bar parties, trash-talking the opposing team. I don’t want to hear about Ray Rice anymore, let’s talk about the actual players and games! Or food. That’s cool too.
My weekend was spent working at our home-opener football game. (I’m a sports marketing intern for our athletics department). After working 2.5 hours at a volleyball tournament, I spent 7 hours on the football field. Our boys stepped out in brand new uniform designs and we kicked off brand new game-day traditions. I’m sad to report that I didn’t have any glamorous or “wow” jobs during the game. Typical intern grunt work. But the boys kept me entertained with touchdown after touchdown, killing the opposing team. Brought home a W and that’s all a fan can ask for, right?!
Okay moving on….It’s not really a secret that I like to make things pretty. Why have pretzels when you can turn them into adorable football pretzels? For some reason, I will use any excuse to make DIY crafts and recipes that have a theme. Just appease me.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt your milk/dark chocolate, and dunk the tops of the pretzels into it.
- Set them, pretzel-side down onto the paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the sheet into the freezer for ten minutes while you melt your white chocolate
- If you don’t have a piping tool that is thin enough to outline the laces onto the pretzels, you can just use a ziplock bag. Push a toothpick through the corner to create a tiny whole, and fill the bag with your melted white chocolate.
- Pipe the laces onto the pretzels and place them back into the freezer. Store in the freezer until you’re ready to place in a dish for your party, because if you leave them out they will be G-O-N-E. ;)
They were a hit! And yes, they do taste better than regular chocolate peanut butter pretzels because they are made with love. Football love.
That’s just the start of weekend football festivities, we have a long season to go. More snacks and recipes to come!
I leave you with his football-themed single by Chase Rice, who has replaced Hunter Hayes as my country crush btw ;)