Strong Like My Coffee Turns 3! Banana Mocha Chip “Nice Cream” Recipe
I interrupt your regularly-scheduled southern roadtrip recap post to bring you a special announcement: It’s Strong Like My Coffee’s 3 year Blogiversary! Somewhere between a birthday and an anniversary…whatever you want to call it, this little site has been goin’ strong for three years now. And I look for any reason to celebrate ;)
This past year, the blog evolved to include more lifestyle-related content like DIY projects, travel posts, and sports marketing job shenanigans. I got to work with companies like Chobani, Quest Nutrition, and Better Body Foods. I became a Sweat Pink Ambassador for Fitfluential and started planning a redesign after I graduated college and need an update to the “healthy college girl” theme. Things have been busy! :)
My first and second blogiversary desserts were both coffee-themed, which seems appropriate! So I’ve found a healthy, CLEAN recipe that is summer-y, caffeinated, sweet & pretty (which is always a requirement). It’s called “Nice Cream” because even though the texture and flavor can fool you with it’s creamy goodness, it’s actually pureed frozen bananas. Which basically means you can eat the entire container without feeling guilty. But sharing is always encouraged. :)
Banana Mocha Chip “Nice Cream” Recipe
- 5 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup STRONG brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Combine frozen banana chunks, cooled coffee, yogurt, almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder in a food processor. (If you do not have a large-sized food processor, you might want to break this up into two batches!)
- Once the banana mixture is pureed into a smooth creamy bowl, hand-stir in dark chocolate pieces. (I used Ghiradelli squares with a high percentage of cacao.)
- Pour into a metal or glass bowl, and freeze for at least two hours before scooping and serving.
- Sliced bananas and sprinkles optional, but highly recommended! :)
Celebrating never felt so healthy :) Happy Blog Birthday!
Posted on July 27, 2015, in Healthy Habits and tagged banana mocha chip ice cream, blog anniversary, clean eating dessert recipe, clean eating ice cream recipe, healthy college blog, healthy college girl, Healthy college student, nice cream recipe, strong like my coffee blog. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Thanks Kenzie! I’ll definitely try this one. Brian’s favorite ice cream — coffee…. :)
Have a great week! Gay
Yum! That looks amazing especially with because of the coffee! :)
Pingback: 4 Years Strong | Strong Like My Coffee