Today my inbox held a lovely surprise from the blogger behind Mommy Go Run: A nomination for the Liebster Award! I first learned about blogger awards last month when I was nominated for the Blog On Fire award, and the rules for the Liebster are pretty similar.
Liebster means ‘dearest’ or ‘favorite’ in German, and the rules for accepting the nomination are:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
4. Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
Easy and Fun enough!
11 Facts about Me:
2. I live in the mountains and love being surrounded by nature so much. The best trails and views and weather
3. My favorite drink from Starbuck’s is the Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte :)
4. I rescued my maltese Missy from the animal shelter that I volunteered at my junior year of high school and while sometimes she’s a spaz, she’s pretty darn cute.
5. I failed my driving test the first time, when the DMV lady had to pull the emergency break – I think she was having a bad day.
6. I HATE scary movies. and Spiders. (does that count as 2 facts?)
7. I love my family!
9. Through out elementary school, I wanted to be a teacher, a fashion designer, a writer, a film producer, and probably 7 other things.
10. My middle name starts with an A. (Go ahead, guess! It’s not Ann…)
11. I <3 being healthy & that’s why I’ve created this blog. Thank you for reading, it makes it totally worth while. :)
My 11 Questions to Answer from Mommy Go Run:
1. “What is your favorite way to spend a Friday night?” With friends! Dressing up, going out, maybe to a concert. No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep!
2. “Do have a special recipe passed down from your grandmother?” My mom’s mom had a special banana bread recipe that we used for years, until I accidently deleted the file on my mom’s computer. I still feel so guilty about that.
3. “Are you paying attention to the election this year?” Not to sound like an ignorant citizen but I do not have a TV and don’t regularly read up on political topics.
4. “Water Park or Amusement Park?” WATER PARK. I freak out at huge roller coasters!
5. “Fancy hotel or camping?” Such a toughie! Can “Glamping” be an answer? I <3 both.
6. “Tennis Shoes or Dress Shoes?” Tennies, so I can run.
7. “What is your ideal career?” Since I study Marketing, I would like to work on a marketing campaign for some brand like Nike. But in an ideal world, I would own my own bakery and cafe. : )
8. “Where is your dream vacation?” Again with the difficult questions! I’ll go with a tour de Europe.
9. “Movies on the couch or in the theater?” On the couch: the Pause button.
10. “Death Row Last Meal would be?” Well since I wouldn’t have to worry about getting fat, an ice cream sundae with extra cookie dough, hot fudge and almonds.
11. “What is the one thing you could do to make the world a nicer place?” Wow, getting deep here! I suppose offering a more sympathetic and optimistic attitude to everyone I meet. :)
My 11 Questions:
1. How do you like your coffee?
2. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
3. Do you prefer to go out for dinner or cook your own meal?
4. What is your favorite Disney movie?
5. Where is the last vacation you took?
6. Favorite guilty-pleasure TV show?
7. Thoughts on Crocs (the shoes):
8. Do you watch or play any sports?
9. Sweet or Savory snacks?
10. Are you a spender or a saver?
11. Where was the best burger you ever had?
And FINALLY, I nominate:
Whew, and that completes the Liebster award post. :)