The WALL Workout
Sometimes in a race, you hit a wall; sometimes on a diet, you want to punch a wall; sometimes, in a workout you can use a wall.
The WALL Workout:
Basically, there is no excuse to not to be able to do this workout unless you live in a tent. There are 5 exercises, targeting the core, butt, quads, and chest.
1. Wall Push-ups – takes all the impact away from your knees. The further your feet are from the wall, the more challenging! But keep your body in a flat, straight line from your head to your toes! (Set of 20)
If you’re really up for a challenge, try the modifed one-arm push-up:
2. Wall Hip Hikes – this one looks a little funny. But it really works your obliques! Lean the side of your body against the wall; now move your feet about 3′ away from the wall, but keeping your hip bone against the wall. Engage your obliques and bring your hips into alignment with your body, touch back to the wall and repeat. It should look something like this:
Repeat on other side. (Set of 20 on each side)
3. Wall Sits – you all know these. The shake-inducing pose that leaves you burning ;) Make sure your feet, knees and hips make a 90 degree angle with your back flat against the wall sitting tall. No cheating! Hold for 1 minute.
4. Wall Hip Bridge – time to work the booty. Lie down with your back on the floor, facing the wall. Put your (clean) feet flat against the wall, then lift your butt and hips as high off the ground as you can. Hold it and squeeze for 1 minute!
5. Toe Touches – Abs engage! Without bending your knees, place your legs straight up in the air, bringing the back of your legs and your butt to the wall. Alternating hands, reach up and try to touch your opposite hand to foot. (Set of 20 with each hand)
Make it a circuit and complete 3-5 rounds, depending on your desired difficulty level. It’s up to you how challenging this workout can be!
Posted on October 18, 2012, in Fitness and tagged circuit, exercise, fitness, health, muscles, strength training, The Wall Workout. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
Makes this old body hurt just looking at this !
AWESOME workout with such great detailed pics!! This is also perfect for all those who “travel” and can’t get to a gym.
I just did this work out and it was so difficult to do it. I would have never thought about using a wall until I seen this post and oh man that wall sitter was a killer…
This is such a great idea! How fun too! Can’t wait to try it out!
AWESOME! Totally trying this out!
Pingback: Winter Workout Plan « Strong Like My Coffee